The general objective of the ACEU is to foster collaboration, provide opportunity for global experience and to facilitate the advancement of knowledge on the basis of reciprocity, best efforts and practice, mutual benefit and frequent interactions.
Therefore, participating universities agree to:
- Exchange information on research and educational programmes,
- Exchange information on teaching, learning materials, publications and other literature relevant to their educational and research programmes,
- Jointly organize short-term continuing educational programmes on topics of mutual interest and to invite each other's universities to participate therein,
- Jointly organize seminars, conferences and/or workshops on topics of mutual interest and to invite each other's universities to participate therein,
- Jointly propose and engage in research or training programmes sponsored by funding organizations,
- Exchange, on reciprocal basis, students at Undergraduate, Graduate and Doctoral levels for limited periods of time for purpose of education and/or research,
- Exchange, on reciprocal basis, academic staff and research assistants for the main purpose of teaching,
- Engage in joint publishing activities,
- Jointly apply for the EU, national, sub-regional and regional projects.
The participating universities agree that the detailed terms and conditions that guide each activity identified above (technical description of the proposed activities, financial arrangements, bodies responsible for their implementation, etc.) will be separately determined and agreed upon by the Statute of the Alliance.